Explosives permit holders (individuals and companies) must possess valid permits in order to use or store commercial explosives in Colorado.
- Permits are valid for up to 36 months.
- Application fees are as follows:
- Type I (Individuals): $110
- Type II (Companies): $225
- Type III (Storage for Companies): $375
Use the Online Payment System to pay your explosives permit fees and fines more efficiently.
- The Online Payment System allows you to make a payment with a credit card or electronic check through the state‚ eGovernment service provider, Colorado.gov.
- The total amount of your transaction will reflect pricing through the Colorado.gov electronic payment processor.
- The Colorado.gov price for payments made via electronic check is $1.00.
- The Colorado.gov price for payments made via credit card will equal a percentage of the transaction amount.
Contact our office to confirm your correct payment amount, submit your paperwork, and obtain an invoice.
Go to https://secure.colorado.gov/payment/explosives to pay your invoice.
Select the service you want to pay for and enter the required information exactly as it appears on your invoice.
Complete the transaction and print or save your receipt.